Township of Tully in North Queensland. The first settlement near the present town of Tully was originally called Banyan which was first settled in the 1900s. After the sugar mill and the North Coast railway were built in 1925, a new town called Tully was surveyed.
It took its name from nearby Tully River,
named in the 1870s after Surveyor William Alcock Tully.